Howdy, my name is Josh Farkas. I’m a professional malcontent.
Why should you care what I have to say?
- I illustrated 11 children’s books by the age of 20: Sten Gizzle Time Traveler, Turtle Scott, The Shorteners, Lenny’s Neighborhood, The Shorteners, Traveling with the Wittys, The Adventures of Lana the Ladybug, The Safety Scouts, Clumsy Wally, All About Me. Nurture Bear Presents My First Day At School.
- I wrote, illustrated, and self-published my first novel (Nothing Left to Lose) at 23. Within a year I’d sold the movie rights and worked on a few well known Ignatz and Eisner nominated comics too.
- I bootstrapped and sold my first technology start-up to our largest competitor at the age of 24.
- I acted as a graphic designer and developer for dozens of Fortune 500 brands at a leading Chicago-based technology company/agency by 25.
- I started Welcome to Pixelton, a web comic. The web comic has been enjoyed by over 1 million visitors. I’ve also been working on an interactive graphic novel in the Pixelton universe for the past 7 years. At the moment it is 370 pages long. It is big and crazy and wonderful, and I think you might like, it if it comes out before I die.
- I founded Cubicle Ninjas, a happy little design agency, at 26. Today I act as the CEO of this dojo. Clients include American Express, FOX, GE, The Smithsonian Institution, Universal, and West Point.
After seeing bad information run rampant in blogs, I took a four year writing hiatus. I’m back to inform, delight, and offend.